Pre-School enjoy a day at Wellybobs Farm
The children of Pre-School have been on their very first proper school trip! This term they have been exploring the topic of ‘Journeys’ so they decided to set off on a real journey themselves.
They boarded the coach full of excitement and set off on the short drive to Wellybobs Farm in Darwen. The day was jam-packed with things to do! The children…
• played on the indoor play area and giant slide
• helped Farmer Wellybob feed the animals – alpacas, lambs, goats, sheep and even reindeer!
• cuddled some cute animals – rabbits, guinea pigs, chicks and ferrets
• held and stroked some less cute animals – a python, lizard, chameleon, tarantula, gecko, tortoise and giant bullfrog!
• had a pony ride around the farmyard
• played on the pirate ship in the sand
• explored tunnels hidden in the haybales
After a fun-filled day the children arrived back at Billinge House tired but happy. A big thank you to Mrs Ahmed, Mrs Jesthi and Mrs Melling for helping out and to the Wellybobs staff for organising everything so well.